Join the Carer Achievement Pathway project
The Carer Achievement Pathway is a project being delivered by Carers NSW and funded by the Department of Social Services. Our Young Carer Coordinators will work with participants over a period of 12 months to help set and achieve goals towards getting a job or further education. In addition, we will also make sure participants receive the right support for their caring role.
To be eligible for the project you must:
- Be 25 years old or under
- Live in the wider Sydney area including Inner West and Western Sydney, South West Sydney, North Sydney and the Northern Beaches, Eastern Suburbs and Sutherland Shire.
What will be involved?
- One of our Young Carer Coordinators will undertake an initial intake with you to assess your eligibility for the project. If you are not eligible, we will refer you to a service that is more appropriate.
- Your Young Carer Coordinator will then go through a needs assessment to identify your goals for employment and education as well as other goals relating to your caring role.
- With support from your Young Carer Coordinator, you will develop a Young Carer Achievement Plan (Y-CAP). This is an action plan that will help you make progress towards your goals. Your volunteer coach will also regularly check in with you.
- Through this website you can track your progress towards your goals, access resources, search services, and keep track of appointments. It also provides a platform in which you can interact with your Young Carer Coordinator and coach.
- Your progress towards your goals will be reviewed at 3 and 6 months. At 12 months your Young Carer Coordinator will go through an exit strategy and plan with you.
Already have an account?
If you already have an account, you can login here.